I'm always chasing rainbows
Watching clouds drifting by
My schemes are just like all my dreams
Ending in the sky
Some fellows look and find the sunshine
I always look and find the rain
Some fellows make a winning sometimes
I never even make a gain
Believe me, I'm always chasing rainbows
Waiting to find a little bluebird in vain
- I’m Always Chasing Rainbows; music by Harry Carroll, adapted from Fantaisie-Impromptu by Frédéric Chopin; lyrics by Joseph McCarthy; published in 1917; introduced in the Broadway show Oh, Look!, March, 1918
Expressing joy and defiance through art: Writings and photos on hope and resilience; love and relationships; life and death; anger and acceptance; and human behavior and beliefs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Tolerance of Error: A Modernist’s Epic Reckoning
The 1920s arrived humming with the reckless promise of a new age—an era drunk on the virtue of change, new ideas, and a radical new way of t...
-
Here I sit - nursing a scotch, looking out at the pink and orange reflection of the sunset on the mountain—pondering my solitary act of civi...
-
I have, by some measure of recklessness or sheer geographic fidgeting, inhabited eight U.S. cities. Birmingham, New Orleans, Fort Lauderdale...
-
On Saturday night at Belles, before the drag show, they'd play a slow song. One song. A chance for couples to touch, to be intimate. So ...
No comments:
Post a Comment