"Different is good.
Where I come from, the highest compliment they can offer a person is to say that they're down to earth, grounded.
I hate it.
It drives me nuts."
- Johnny Depp as Frank Tupelo in "The Tourist", Directed by: Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck; Written by: Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck, Julian Fellowes, Jérôme Salle
Expressing joy and defiance through art: Writings and photos on hope and resilience; love and relationships; life and death; anger and acceptance; and human behavior and beliefs.
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Tolerance of Error: A Modernist’s Epic Reckoning
The 1920s arrived humming with the reckless promise of a new age—an era drunk on the virtue of change, new ideas, and a radical new way of t...
-
Here I sit - nursing a scotch, looking out at the pink and orange reflection of the sunset on the mountain—pondering my solitary act of civi...
-
I have, by some measure of recklessness or sheer geographic fidgeting, inhabited eight U.S. cities. Birmingham, New Orleans, Fort Lauderdale...
-
On Saturday night at Belles, before the drag show, they'd play a slow song. One song. A chance for couples to touch, to be intimate. So ...
No comments:
Post a Comment