I've oft been told by learned friars,
That wishing and the crime are one.
And Heaven punishes desires,
As much as if the deed were done.
If wishing damns us, you and I
Are damned to all our heart's content;
Come then, at least we may enjoy
Some pleasure for our punishment!
Thomas Moore (1779 – 1852)
Expressing joy and defiance through art: Writings and photos on hope and resilience; love and relationships; life and death; anger and acceptance; and human behavior and beliefs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Tolerance of Error: A Modernist’s Epic Reckoning
The 1920s arrived humming with the reckless promise of a new age—an era drunk on the virtue of change, new ideas, and a radical new way of t...
-
Here I sit - nursing a scotch, looking out at the pink and orange reflection of the sunset on the mountain—pondering my solitary act of civi...
-
I have, by some measure of recklessness or sheer geographic fidgeting, inhabited eight U.S. cities. Birmingham, New Orleans, Fort Lauderdale...
-
On Saturday night at Belles, before the drag show, they'd play a slow song. One song. A chance for couples to touch, to be intimate. So ...
No comments:
Post a Comment