I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills,
| |||
My help cometh even from the LORD,
| |||
He will not suffer thy foot to be moved:
| |||
Behold, he that keepeth Israel
| |||
The LORD is thy keeper:
| |||
The sun shall not smite thee by day,
| |||
The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil:
| |||
The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in
|
Expressing joy and defiance through art: Writings and photos on hope and resilience; love and relationships; life and death; anger and acceptance; and human behavior and beliefs.
Sunday, September 10, 2006
The Lord Is My Keeper: A Song of Degrees
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Tolerance of Error: A Modernist’s Epic Reckoning
The 1920s arrived humming with the reckless promise of a new age—an era drunk on the virtue of change, new ideas, and a radical new way of t...
-
Here I sit - nursing a scotch, looking out at the pink and orange reflection of the sunset on the mountain—pondering my solitary act of civi...
-
I have, by some measure of recklessness or sheer geographic fidgeting, inhabited eight U.S. cities. Birmingham, New Orleans, Fort Lauderdale...
-
On Saturday night at Belles, before the drag show, they'd play a slow song. One song. A chance for couples to touch, to be intimate. So ...
1 comment:
Nice. I love the Psalms, especially read in the King James version of English. When I read the Psalms, I replace the "you", "thee" and "thou" with my name...kinda personalizes it for me.
Post a Comment