"...How do you do nothing?" asked Pooh, after he wondered for a long time.
"Well, it's when people call out at you just as you're going off to do it,
'What are you going to do Christopher Robin?'
and you say, 'Oh nothing,'
and then you go and do it."
"Oh, I see," said Pooh.
"This is a nothing sort of thing we're doing now," said Christopher Robin.
Oh, I see," said Pooh again.
"It just means going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering."
An excerpt from The Tao of Pooh by Benjamin Hoff
Expressing joy and defiance through art: Writings and photos on hope and resilience; love and relationships; life and death; anger and acceptance; and human behavior and beliefs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Tolerance of Error: A Modernist’s Epic Reckoning
The 1920s arrived humming with the reckless promise of a new age—an era drunk on the virtue of change, new ideas, and a radical new way of t...
-
Here I sit - nursing a scotch, looking out at the pink and orange reflection of the sunset on the mountain—pondering my solitary act of civi...
-
I have, by some measure of recklessness or sheer geographic fidgeting, inhabited eight U.S. cities. Birmingham, New Orleans, Fort Lauderdale...
-
On Saturday night at Belles, before the drag show, they'd play a slow song. One song. A chance for couples to touch, to be intimate. So ...
No comments:
Post a Comment