Crazy world
Full of crazy contradictions
Like a child.
First you drive me wild,
And then you win my heart
With your wicked art.
One minute tender, gentle,
Then temp'ramental as a summer storm.

Just when I believe your heart's getting warmer,

You're cold and you're cruel,
And I, like a fool, trying to cope,
Trying to hang on to hope.

Crazy world,

Ev'ryday the same old roller coaster ride.
But I've got my pride,
I won't give in,
Even though I know I'll never win.
Oh, how I love this
Crazy world.

- Julie Andrews in Victor/Victoria is a musical with a book by Blake Edwards, music by Henry Mancini, lyrics by Leslie Bricusse and additional musical material (music and lyrics) by Frank Wildhorn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There is a Meadow in My Perfect World

My Philosophy of Life by John Ashbery